Monday, January 25, 2010

How to decaorate the baby's room?

I would like to see ideas of the way you did your nurseries if you were really happy with how they turned out. Perhaps you have tips on what you wish you hadn't done? Or a FAVORITE book on nursery decorating you can recommend?

I am due for my first about Oct/Nov. I have a 13x13' room with 1 window and a paneled French door closet. Other than these 2 features the room is stark and ready for spark. =) I won't find out what the sex is because I am paying cash for my pregnancy and since it's not too important for me to know the sex I'm not going to opt for the ultrasound. I'd like to use that money on more baby things. I am thinking of doing the nursery in mauve and country blue but am not limited to these ideas. I thought I would love yellow checkered squares (1 foot x 1 foot) on the lower half of the room but the walls are lightly textured so I worry about how nice the lines could look. I may install a chair rail to do 2 different ideas in the room. My DH suggested I do a garden theme and paint flowers and picket fencing etc since I am okay at painting. But I am not sure I want to invest this kind of time in the nursery.

I plan to keep the linens simple and just get frilly white bedding as it can be bleached clean. The furniture may be a dark cherry or white wash I am not decided yet. The trim in the house is already white.

No comments:

Post a Comment